Monday, September 7

Moving Towards Autumn

Rain threatened a few times during the week but, when it did arrive, it didn’t amount to much. The trouble is that when rain is forecast and the clouds seem to agree, we tend not to plan outdoor activities too far ahead. There always seems to be the possibility that we will get caught out!

After rain, it’s amazing how quickly the parched grass recovers. It can look as though it is dead, but really it is just sleeping, waiting for the rain to awaken it. Once awake, it soon races into growth.

Friday was particularly windy, so much so that we wondered whether Nostell might be on lockdown, but fortunately the parkland remained open.




NB: Sometimes comments made here rather than on my main blog often are overlooked and languish in a moderation list. Sorry if this happens - I'm honestly not ignoring you

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous about the hedge hogs! Very cool about the flowers everywhere. I don't know if I told you, but I used your passport information last year at our school. We had a passport program for hikes, biking trips, and other activities. It was a huge success! Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great little creatures, Bonnie. I’m glad the passport idea worked for you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment - it is great to hear from you and know that there are people out there actually reading what I write! Come back soon.
(By the way any comments just to promote a commercial site, or any comments not directly linked to the theme of my blog, will be deleted)
I am getting quite a lot of spam. It is not published and is just deleted. I have stopped sifting through it and just delete any that ends up in my spam folder in one go so I am sorry if one of your messages is deleted accidentally.
Comments to posts over five days old are all moderated.