Monday, August 17

A week of Sunshine, a Damp squib and Happy Surprises

Weather continued to dominate our activities last week.

We continued to take our walks in the mornings, trying to avoid the hottest part of the day. Thursday was particularly hot and, much to Ruby’s disgust, the heat forced us to have a lazy day indoors.

Torrential rain had been forecast for Sunday, but in the end we were treated to little more than a light dampening. With the thermostat finally turned down, we decided we could ease up on the watering and turn our attention to some other jobs.

We also had the much-hyped solar eclipse, which, for us, turned out to be something of a damp squib.

The previous eclipse had been much more dramatic, plunging us into total darkness. A chill descended, accompanied by an eerie silence. This time the light dimmed slightly and… that was about it. I’m rather glad I hadn’t bought eclipse glasses or, worse, gone to stand in the garden with a colander on my head!




NB: Sometimes comments made here rather than on my main blog often are overlooked and languish in a moderation list. Sorry if this happens - I'm honestly not ignoring you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment - it is great to hear from you and know that there are people out there actually reading what I write! Come back soon.
(By the way any comments just to promote a commercial site, or any comments not directly linked to the theme of my blog, will be deleted)
I am getting quite a lot of spam. It is not published and is just deleted. I have stopped sifting through it and just delete any that ends up in my spam folder in one go so I am sorry if one of your messages is deleted accidentally.
Comments to posts over five days old are all moderated.