Back in July we decided to try a late sowing of peas - very late I know but we had seed left and some space on the plot so we had nothing to lose if the sowing failed.
We sown on 29 July and by the 8 August the seeds had germinated.
The peas grew well and it looked as though the experiment was going to pay off.
On 27 October they looked well.
The plants were flowering well and pods were setting. It was as well that we didn't at this point chalk up a success as the pods just didn't swell.
On our last visit before Christmas the pods were still flat and wizened looking.
Incredibly though the tatty plants were still producing flowers.