Many of you will know that this year, in April, we planted lots of new strawberry plants in two separate beds.
We didn't expect them to produce much in the way of fruit and it was just as well that we didn't have great expectations as they didn't.
The plants have, however grown really well and have been productive in another way. They have been producing runners by the bucket load - literally.
I don't want plants to waste energy producing new plants and so have been cutting the runners off. The plants are determined to outrunner me and produce more as soon as I turn my back.
The plants do look well though and if all goes well and the weather is kind maybe we will have a strawberry bounty next year.